Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Teachers...and Uncle Chunky

So for this entry i'd like to talk about teachers who are very important in my life.

I have two incredible teachers, Mike Sampson who teaches me jazz, and Tony Grasso who teaches me blues and rock. Now i love learning jazz, i find it interesting and VERY challenging. But i absolutely adore blues. Musicians such as B.B. King, Buddy Guy, and especially Eric Clapton are my idols. I'd love to be able to play as well as they do someday.

We're getting off topic here.

Anyhoo, this entry is mainly about Tony Grasso and his band, Uncle Chunky. It's mainly blues-rock and they sound awesome. So I figured I'd just share a few links with whoever is reading this.

Here yah go:






Check 'em out.

~Sam


1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking that Mr Funner needs to take Son of Funner on a road-trip to Chicago. More specifically, Buddy Guy's Legends...we may have to sneak you in the back door. Years ago mrs Smoke and myself dropped in on Legends and were lucky enough to see Buddy live and on stage.

    All Great Rock Evolved from Great Blues (or was stolen by Led Zeppelin)

    later

    mikeZ

    ReplyDelete