Saturday, May 8, 2010

I said please don't slow me down..

"....If I'm going too fast
You're in a strange part of our town..."

I love this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8-tXG8KrWs

Reptilia- The Strokes

And I've spent all morning playing guitar! And drinking grape juice. I like grape juice. Not *white* grape juice. Naw. Real men drink the purple stuff. Or Purple Drank. That too.

No really. In 7-11. Purple DRANK. With an A. It exists.

I love America.

Now. I had a pretty awful week. I've had a pretty awful few weeks. But i think this is the turnaround point! All i can do is go up from here! And after spending a morning drinking Grape Juice and playing some really good music...well...i think things will get better.

So! First off, i played my Strat for the first time in a few weeks this morning, which is a big deal! Cause me and my Strat have an interesting relationship. First off, it's a Squier Strat, which is made by Fender, but it's the budget model of Fender's Stratocaster. But! My Strat sounds...really, really, nice! And. It looks damn good too. See, i got the Strat in '08 for Christmas, and it was my first electric. And i love it! But...here's the thing. I love my Strat. But EVERYBODY uses em, and for good reason! They're basically the face of rock n' roll. My teacher/idol uses em, Clapton does, Jeff Beck does, Buddy Guy does, EVERYBODY uses em! But i love the Strat for *specific* reasons. I really like how thin the neck is, and how easily i can play with the volume knob while i'm playing, you can't do that with a Les Paul. But! I really dislike how lightweight the Strat is, which is why i mainly use my Tele/Les Paul in band situations...the Strat just doesn't cut through enough for me. But, i think i decided this morning that when i go away to college, i will have bought an insanely nice sounding/looking Fender Stratocaster, and i will love it to death. So. that's that.

Wow. I'm a guitar dork.

Next!

"SoCal is where my mind states,
but it's not my state of mind.
I'm not as ugly, sad as you.
Or am I origami?
Folded up and just pretend,
demented as the motives in your head."

Love. This. Song.

Inside Out- Eve 6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8Xb_7YDroQ

And! Parade Candy's gonna start gigging around!! I cannot WAIT! Cause we sound really good! And really, really tight. And. Oh boy. This summer is going to be freakin' fantastic! I can't wait.

Well. I Think it's about time for me to put some shoes on and go see a special someone. And.

"Well the sun is out today, shining through the sky
Shining down, healing you, in the corners of your mind
Well i'm better now I'm gonna be just fine
Says the old man, sun fishing all the time"

Narcissistic? You betcha. But hey. It's a nice day outside.

Later guys!!

"Yeah, the night's not over
You're not trying hard enough,
Our lives are changing lanes
You ran me off the road,
The wait is over
I'm now taking over,
You're no longer laughing
I'm not drowning fast enough."


Peace

~Sam

1 comment:

  1. love this post.

    yeah, you are. a guitar dork.

    keep it rolling.

    me

    ReplyDelete